Our core aim is to promote town and village open gardens events, so before you add your event, please determine if it's suitable for inclusion here.
Please feel free to add:
- Town or village open gardens events comprising at least five good
gardens opening on the same date and in the same location and where the proceeds support charities or local causes.
- Please do not add individual gardens - the task is too great for our volunteer team. To understand our reasoning behind this, read this.
- Individual Gardens
Please do not add Individual NGS gardens that appear on the NGS website or in the Yellow Book. However,
we do welcome independent village-wide open garden events which include some NGS gardens.
- Group Gardens
We can accept NGS events where at least 5 gardens are open in the same town/village and on the same date. To support our costs, you will need to make a donation - the greater of £5.00 or one adult admission ticket. Please contact us at Open Gardens before adding your event.
Your open gardens event needs to:
- be a town or village event rather than an individual garden.
- comprise five or more gardens that are in the same village/town and open on the same date.
- have as its main focus gardens that will interest visitors.
- include a clear statement that proceeds from admission, plant sales etc, go to charities or local good causes.
If your event doesn't meet these requirements, then it probably isn't suitable for inclusion here, but if you're in any doubt, just contact us at Open Gardens and we'll do what we can to advise.
Please remember ...
We are an open gardens website, not a general events website.